THE PERSONAL LIBRARIAN PROGRAM
Similar to a faculty advisor, a Personal Librarian is here to help you in whatever way we can: navigating the library's resources, interpreting library policies, and assisting with research assignments. I’ll email you occasionally throughout the year to give you an update on drop-in workshops, new databases and tools, and special events. Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions that you have about your research or the Library. My contact information is listed to the left.
All of us in Library Services would like to welcome you to the College of the Holy Cross. Please stop by and introduce yourself! For your information there are 5 libraries on campus – Dinand (main collection), Fenwick Music, O’Callahan Science, Visual Resources, and Rehm (the Center for Religion, Ethics, and Culture reading room). Additionally, the Worcester Art Museum Library falls under our management. The libraries are open over 100 hours a week during the academic year with reference librarians on duty at Dinand over 56 hours per week. We have attached to this message the “Official Field Guide to the Holy Cross Libraries” for your reference.
Here are some key assets the library provides to you:
- Over 600,000 volumes on campus (your ID is your library card)
- 28 day loan period for monographs
- 48 hour loan period for AV material
- 2 hour (in Library Only) for print reserves
- Cross borrowing among ARC institutions (Worcester consortium; ARC card necessary, available at Dinand circulation desk)
- Remote access to our online databases and electronic journal collection (login with network username, class year, and password)
- Interlibrary Loan services – request via certain databases or online forms
- Traditional and Electronic Reserves
- 24/7 reference via AJCU Virtual Reference
- One-on-One reference consultations
HAVE A QUESTION?
We are always happy to help!