All of us in Library Services would like to welcome you to the College of the Holy Cross. Please stop by and introduce yourself! For your information there are 5 libraries on campus – Dinand (main collection), Fenwick Music, O’Callahan Science, Visual Resources, and Rehm (the Center for Religion, Ethics, and Culture reading room). Additionally, the Worcester Art Museum Library falls under our management. The main library is open 24/5 (8:30 AM Sun-11 PM Fri; Sat = 8:30 AM - 11 PM) during the academic year with reference librarians on duty at Dinand over 56 hours per week. Please click here to view the hours of operation for the other libraries.
Here are some key assets the library provides to you:
- Over 600,000 volumes on campus (please stop by Dinand to have your ID activated as your library card)
- Academic year loan period for monographs
- One week loan period for periodicals
- 48 hour loan period for AV material
- Cross borrowing among AJCU institutions; closest ones are Boston College and Fairfield University. (Passport card necessary, available at Dinand circulation desk)
- Cross borrowing among ARC institution (Worcester consortium; ARC card necessary, available at Dinand circulation desk)
- Remote access to our online databases and electronic journal collection (login with network username and password)
- Interlibrary Loan services – request via certain databases or online form
- Traditional and Electronic Reserves – all faculty must attend a brief tutorial in order to use the electronic reserves system.
- 24/7 reference via AJCU Virtual Reference
- Information Literacy/Bibliographic Instruction tailored to your course/assignment needs – contact Laura Hibbler to schedule